2012년 3월 14일 수요일

Hello to everyone and to myself..



Before I start anything about the lecture or my blog I would like to announce that I am “Korean.” The reason I am announcing this is not to look cool or different, but to explain to everyone who reads my blog how I felt at the beginning. I have been living in Australia for about 15 years. I attended A.B. Paterson College in Gold Coast and have quite a few of Australian friends. My parents, however, does not speak a single word of English at home, and I must say my English is not perfect (as you would recognise in ANY post I write). Despite this, I love writing and I have a passion of being a producer in the radio field. My first preference is to work over in Korea, however, if I get to, I would not hesitate to work in Australia. That is one of the main reasons why I am studying at UQ.



At first, I was scared more than excited when I heard about blogging. I was scared because I didn’t know what to write or how to write anything. I am still a bit confused and not 100% sure what to write about the lecture, but I will hopefully work it out.



Well, in lecture 3 (12th of March 2012) the fact that ‘text’ could be presented in many different ways was a surprised. I knew it was not ONLY writing on paper or on a computer screen, but the fact that photos, motion and even games are considered as a text was somewhat, unique. Through this, I started to elaborate on other ways ‘text’ could be represented as. To be honest, there was not much I could think of, but ‘tone’ and ‘expression’ was the words that came into my mind. They are not ‘literally’ text, however, as text is a way of getting “a message” across I thought ‘tone’ and ‘expression’ could be considered as ‘text’ as well. As I stated above, I believe my English skills aren’t great, thus, I personally would like to learn more skills on writing, such as writing effective headlines (as I learnt how important headlines are in journalism.) Overall, I thought it was a very helpful lecture to me and through this lecture I started to think more deeply into journalism. There would be hard times throughout the course, however, I believe I would make the most out of it.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기