2012년 3월 22일 목요일

My First ever Lecture!


Honestly, all I can remember from memory is how I felt in the lecture. Well, for many people and especially for me, it was the first lecture. I was somewhat very nervous and scared but excited at the same time. The lecture was about what we would be learning in the course and what assessments we needed to complete. I personally though journalism was not related to media so much, however, through the overview of the semester, I was proven wrong. Words and writing may have been the major part in journalism in the past, however, media is rapidly evolving and journalism should not be focused purely on text.


The second lecture was about web iterations and old media. Through this base topic the different webs were discussed and how the web focuses on different aspects. Web 1.0 which is also called the information web is very advertising friendly, thus focuses more on the companies. The New media or Web 2.0 is the ‘social web’ such as Facebook, Twitter, msn etc. This web focuses on the social groups. Finally web 3.0, the semantic web makes sense of information and multi layered questions which focuses on the individuals the most. The most interesting part of the lecture was the ‘jelly beans.’ How the concept of ‘entitlement’ was imaged through the packet of jellybeans. Also, the fact that many people including me think that we are entitled to free online news, which isn’t quite true. We are privileged to be able to watch news online, thus, we cannot complain if the company puts up a “paywall.” It made me think about how we, as a journalist will work in such industry where it is known to be “dying,” and how the definition of ‘journalism’ will developed throughout the years.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기